Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Little Things: Blackhawks Bridesmaid Gift


For my girls' gifts, I wanted to do something personal and crafty.  Enter Artful Designs in my town, which is a paint your own pottery and ceramics place, or any place like it near your town.  I love painting pottery, and it had been a long time since I was able to do it.  My mother and I decided to go together, and I sketched things out and painted details, while she painted large sections for me.  I wanted to get something that all of my bridesmaids could use, so I settled on travel coffee mugs.  They all drink tea or coffee, and putting something personal would make it even better.

One of my bridesmaids is a HUGE Blackhawks fan, so a Hawks mug was truly the only answer for her.  I painted the detail of "Commit to the Indian" with a small brush, then sketched out the feathers and passed it on to my mom to paint the black and the base of the feathers.  I then used their smaller writing bottles to go over "Commit to the Indian" again, drew the lines on the feathers, and wrote "Bridesmaid 8.4.12" on the bottom of the mug.  One week later, it was ready for pickup after firing.



In coming days, I will post the other 5 bridesmaid gifts, as well as the ringbearer and flowergirl presents.

1 comment:

  1. Recycled sailcloth is used to make bags of different types. EVRSC offers totes, duffles, and other bags in a variety of sizes for many functions. Bridesmaid Gifts You can choose from a wide range of sizes and styles to fit your preferences and needs.

    ReplyDelete